Tuesday, April 8, 2014

DIY race bib and medal hanger


Ever since I started running two years ago, I've participated in 5-6 races. Most races give you a medal, and I've wanted to hang them somewhere instead of just leaving them in my drawer. I started looking for a nice medal hanger, but it costs more than I wanted to pay (about $45-50), so I decided to make one myself.

2年前に走り始めてから参加したレースは5-6ほど。レースでもらうメダルをかけるラックが欲しいな、と思っていましたが、お値段高かったりするので自分で作ることにしました。


I found a picture frame in the clearance section, then purchased clips, a wooden 'Believe' sign, hooks, and other trims at Michael's. All together it cost about $15. I think it turned out pretty cute. 

セールになっていた写真額縁と、飾り、フックなどを買って作りました。お値段$15ほど。どうでしょう?


Last Saturday I ran another 5K race. It was a charity race for the Chaos Soccer Club my friend's Emily's daughter belongs to. I started training for my half marathon in June a few weeks ago, so I thought this 5K would be super easy, but it wasn't. In fact I ended up walking here and there. I was super disappointed. 
I think my legs were tired from running 9 miles two days before the race. I guess my old body requires more recovery time. I might have to modify my training plan because I really want to improve my PR when I run the half marathon in June. 

先週の土曜日はお友達のエミリーの娘さんが入っているサッカーのチームの寄付レースに参加してくれないかと頼まれたので走ってきました。5キロレースだから楽チンなんて高をくくっていたら大間違い。ところどころ疲れて歩いてしまいました。レースの2日前に14.5キロ走ったから足が疲れていたのかなぁ、もう歳かなぁと、がっかり。6月にハーフ・マラソンを走る予定なのでトレーニングしていますが、すっかり自信なくしています。頑張らなきゃ!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...