It's
been over seven years since my last post! A lot of things happened. Kids are
older, and I am older! Instead of covering the last seven years of history, I
would like to write about what I have been thinking lately. I am realizing more
and more that life is full of surprises. Things you are expecting to happen
don't often happen, and things you didn't dream of happening can happen frequently.
When you face challenges, it can be very discouraging and stressful. To be
clear, I don’t mind facing consequences due to my own mistakes. If I know what
I did wrong, and I can fix it by myself, I can handle it. What I struggle with most
is when I have no control over them.
So,
after many prayers and soul-searching, I came to the conclusion that I have to learn
to accept that I can only have control over what I choose and do, and for all other
things, I just have to stay hopeful and try to do my best to look for any
opportunities I might have. Doctrine and Covenants 90:24 says, "Search
diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together
for your good if ye walk uprightly." Remembering that eventually all
things will work out if I stay focused on a bigger picture helps me endure trials,
struggles, and heartaches.

No comments:
Post a Comment