My job is an art program coordinator. A year ago, the elementary school I work for started an art program called "Art Through the Ages". The objective of “Art through the Ages” is to not only educate about art, artists, and art concepts, but where and why the art existed. For example, it's not enough to talk about Van Gogh, but why at this specific moment in time Van Gogh could do what he did. It also encourage the students to think and analyze how the development of society enabled certain people to break out of the artistic norms, and how the evolution of art mirrored or impacted the evolution of society.
This program runs completely by parent volunteers, which means that parent volunteers need to be trained and they'll come to the class and teach. My job is to make a schedule for the whole school, order the materials, recruit and train the volunteers, and supervise them. It's a very interesting and rewarding job, but it can be very stressful. I'm not an artist, nor a history expert, but since I need to train the volunteers, and often substitute teach the class when there are no volunteers, I have to learn and know this program thoroughly. It's a challenging job, but I enjoy it most of the time. I'm a strong believer in the importance of art education, so I'm very lucky to have this job and be able to promote art in this community.
We did Prehistoric Age, Egyptian Age, Qin Dynasty, Roman Age, and Dark Ages last year, and we're doing Medieval Age, Renaissance Age, Baroque and Rococo Ages, Neoclassic and Romantic Ages, and Impressionism Age this year. We finished Medieval Age last month and now barely started Renaissance Age. The picture is the sample Renaissance Fresco art I painted. Do they look like Renaissance portraits? We're teaching the students to implement chiaroscuro, the technique that Renaissance Age artists developed.
This year is a great year since we cover the eras where art has flourished, and there's so much to learn and teach! I'm very excited.
私の仕事はアートプログラムコーディネーターです。昨年、私の働く小学校が「Art Through the Ages」というプログラムを投入することになり、その担当をすることを校長先生から頼まれたことが始まりです。「Art Through the Ages」は、芸術家やアートの基本を教えるだけでなく、どこでなぜそのアートが発生したのかといった歴史背景を教えることを目標としています。例えば、ゴッホのことを学ぶだけでなく、なぜその時代にゴッホが彼なりのアートを生み出したのかを追求するという考えです。社会の発達がアートの進歩に影響した理由、そしてアートの進化が社会に与えた影響は何か、を子供たちが思案し分析することを勧励するプログラムです。
このプログラムは親がボランティアで教える仕組みで成り立っているため、私の仕事内容は全校各クラスのスケジュール組み、教材の注文、ボランティア集め、そしてボランティアの指導と管理 など。ストレスがたまることもありますが、面白い仕事です。私なアートや歴史の専門家ではないのですが、ボランティアの親の指導をしなくてはいけないし、ボランティアが集まらない場合は臨時で教えることもあるため、このプログラムをちゃんと把握して理解していなければなりません。 やりがいのある能力の試される仕事ですが、楽しみながら頑張っています。私は芸術は子供の教育には欠かせないものだと信じているので、芸術を奨励するこの仕事ができることはラッキーだな、と思っています。
昨年は石器時代、エジプト時代、清時代、ローマ帝国時代、暗黒時代をカバーしましたが、今年は中世時代、ルネッサンス時代、バロック+ロココ時代、ネオクラッシック+ロマンテイック時代、印象派時代に進んで行きます。先月中世時代を終え、先週からルネッサンス時代が始まったところです。写真の絵は私が描いたルネッサンスのフレスコアートの見本なのですよ。ルネッサンスの肖像画に見えますか?(笑)ルネッサンスの画家が始めたキアロスクーロの手法を教えます。
今年はとにかく芸術面の栄えた時代をカバーするので、教えることがたくさん!とっても楽しみです。
No comments:
Post a Comment