Saturday, February 26, 2011

School Musical

Marcus's class and a fellow 6th grade class performed a musical on Thursday. It's called "Character Matters" from Bad Wolf Press. These two classes are "buddy classes", and they get together once a month to do different activities together. Marcus's teacher, the 6th grade teacher, and I worked together to produce this musical as this month's activity. 
They learned the songs, lines, and they even choreographed the moves for the songs by themselves! They also made a background, props and masks. I think it turned out really cute.

先週マーカスのクラスのミュージカルの発表会がありました。お友達クラスの6年生と合同してのミュージカル、皆頑張りました。
もともと私の提案だったので、私もボランテイアでお手伝いしたのですが、歌に合わせた振り付けとかは全て子供たちが考えたもの。コスチュームやステージの飾りも彼らが作りました。
Marcus had two parts in the play: one was the youngest pig of the three little pigs who chooses to use bricks; and a friend of Humpty Dumpty. I was also in charge of casting, and I originally casted him as just a pig, but surprisingly he volunteered to do two parts.
This musical has a great message and it features songs that describe what makes good character - for example, Marcus's part in the three little pigs featured a song about doing what you feel is right, and the song concerning Humpty Dumpty was about taking responsibility for your own actions and not placing the blame on something (or someone) else. On top of that, the script was funny! Bad Wolf Press has many musicals available, but I really liked this script, so I insisted on choosing this particular play. 

このミュージカルは童話に登場するキャラクターを使って、子供たちにルールやマナーを教えるメッセージを伝えるという作りになっています。たとえば、3匹の子ぶたの場面では、「人から批判されても、自分の心情を貫こう」みたいなメッセージ、赤ずきんちゃんの場面では、「他の人の気持ちを考えよう。自分がしてほしくない事は人にしない事。」とか。
ユーモアを交えて書かれているので、とても楽しい内容になっています。
マーカスは末っ子の子ぶたの役とハンプティ・ダンプティのお友達の役の二役でした。ソロで歌う場面もあって、なかなか上手に出来たのですよ。

They performed twice, one for the whole school, and the other for the parents. 
They did an excellent job! I'm so proud of all of them. They all worked very hard and did amazing. Marcus, of course :-), did great. He sang a solo and his acting and actions were very good. He could be a future broadway star! (just kidding)

学校全体の前で一回、親の前で一回、と二回のパフォーマンスを無事に終了。皆本当に頑張ってとても上手にできて感動でした。私は台本を選んだり、配役を担当したり、そして子供たちの台詞指導などもしたので、 当日はまるで自分の事のようにドキドキしてしまいました。最初の音楽が流れ出してきた時はもう感無量。(苦笑)
1番嬉しかったのは、終了後の子供たちの満足そうな表情を見た時。達成感に満ち満ちていて、あー、このミュージカルやってよかったな、とつくづく思いました。


Marcus and his teacher. She's wonderful.
マーカスと担任の先生。とても良い先生でラッキーです。 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...