"Look, I think it's only fair to warn you that I'm practiced in the ancient art... of Origami!"
Haha, that is my favorite line from Ella Enchanted. Well, Marcus should start saying this because he is really into Origami nowadays. We have two Origami books, and one has English instruction. He uses that book and makes a lot of things. He's getting very good at! When we got together with our relatives on Father's Day, he took a book and Origami papers with him and shared them with his cousins. Marcus enjoyed making Origami for his younger cousins.
マーカスは最近折り紙に凝っています。うちには折り紙の本は2冊あって、そのひとつは英語での説明付き。その本を見ながら一生懸命作ってます。先週の父の日に親戚と集まった時は、折り紙と本を持参していとこ達にたくさん作ってあげていました。
This is one of his creation. He calls it "Origami Pond". He created all of them by himself except a lily pad and roses. Those were done by Rio. I like the stag beetle playing the piano.
これは”折り紙の池”と彼が名づけた作品。蓮の葉とバラはリオの作品で、他はマーカス作。ピアノを弾いているクワガタがいい感じ。
Currently, his grandpa's company is doing a safety poster contest and they are giving a $10 Walmart gift card to the kids who enter it. If you're chosen, the prize is a $50 Toys R Us gift card. Marcus wanted to enter, and this is what he made.
今月中、グランパの会社が安全テーマのポスター作成コンテストを開催していて、参加するとウォールマートのギフトカードが10ドル、優秀作品に選ばれるとトイザラスの50ドルのギフトカードが貰えると聞いてマーカスが頑張って作ったポスターです。
Everything is his work. I didn't help him at all. I think he did an awesome job.
アイデア、制作、すべてマーカスひとりで作りました。なかなか上出来だと思うのですがどうでしょう?


2 comments:
Wow! He's really good!
Thanks! Origami is very mathematical, so I think that's why Marcus is interested.
Post a Comment