Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Autumn!


I love autumn. I think it's the best season of all. I'm enjoying it by going to the farmers' market with my family, and baking yummy cakes using homegrown vegetables.

大好きな秋。満喫しています。ファーマーズマーケットに行ったり、自家製の野菜でデザートを作ったり。
Rio and Marcus enjoying fresh lemonade at the farmer's market.
ファーマーズマーケットで新鮮な手作りレモネードを楽しむリオとマーカス。

This is popcorn corn we bought at the farmers market. We've never tried it before, and we were excited to pop it. You put it in a brown bag, and microwave it for 2 1/2 minutes.

ポップコーン用のコーンも買ってみました。紙袋に入れて電子レンジで2分半ほど温めるとポップコーンが出来上がり!







It looks like this! Isn't it fun?

こんな感じです。面白いでしょう?



Here are mini cakes I baked. The one on the left is Pumpkin chocolate chip cake, and the one on the right is Chocolate zucchini cake. Both of them are so good! Zucchinis I used are from James' garden. The kids are not so crazy about eating zucchini as a meal, but they love this cake. I was able to bake those and delivered to my neighbors. I love baking for others.

お気に入りのケーキはパンプキンチョコレートチップケーキ(左)とチョコレートズッキーニケーキ。ズッキーニはジェームズが育てていて、たくさん採れるのです。おかずとして食べるのは子供たちが飽きているので、ケーキにすると大好評。
このミニケーキ達、たくさん作って近所に配っています。自分で食べるより人にあげるほうが好き!



The last picture is our favorite vegetable from James' garden. It's delicata squash. It is so good! 
最後の写真はデリカータ・スクワッシュ。これもジェームズの畑から。オリーブオイルと塩、タイムだけで味付けしてオーブンで焼くだけですが、とっても美味しい!我が家で今一番のヒット野菜です。


1 comment:

mama said...

Satokoさん     
愉しそうな様子、アップしてくれてありがとう!
素敵なお店が有りそうですね。
何時か一緒にショッピング出来る日を夢見ています。


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...