![]() |
| The group of 3 mi runners |
I love running, but it can be boring when you don't have anyone with whom to share the joy of running. I would love to run with Rio or James, but they don't enjoy running as much as I do. So, I decided to ask around and see if any of my friends would be interested in running with me.
One of my friends, Glenna, is not a runner, but she is an avid skier, and she said that she would love to run with me. Another friend, Emily, is a solid runner, but she recently suffered an injury, so she is in the process of getting back to her routine. She also said she would be interested in running with me.
最近走るのが大好きな私ですが、一緒に走る仲間が欲しいな~と思っていたので、走りそうな友人に声をかけてみました。
グレナは、走らないけれど、スキーが好き。以前から走るきっかけが欲しかったと、言って喜んで一緒に走ることに賛成してくれました。
エミリーは、ハーフ・マラソンに参加したことある、サイクリングも好きなスポーツ派。昨年末にふくらはぎを痛めて走るのを中断していましたが、回復してきているので走れそうとの事。
There is a new running store where we live, and they just started a girls only running club. They meet every Saturday @ 8 AM, and there are three routes (3 mi, 5 mi, and 7 mi) to choose from. They also offer a reward of the week at the store after every run such as: free massages, foot rubs, facials, treats, etc. Plus, by running in the Club runs, you will earn miles towards free gear from the store. Isn't it great?
I invited Glenna and Emily to join the club with me, and we went to the opening party a few weeks ago. The Club has had three Club runs so far, and I ran all of them; one by myself, one with Emily and Glenna, and one with Emily. Since Glenna is a beginner, and Emily is still recovering, we do a 3 mi run together. It is pretty easy for me, so I run an additional 3 mi later by myself, but it is so fun to run with them. I love it.
ちょうどタイミングよく、近くにあるランニング・ストアが、女性向けランニングクラブのメンバー募集と聞きつけたので、参加説明パーティーに2人を誘って行きました。毎週土曜日の朝8時に集まって、3マイル、5マイル、7マイルのコースを選んで走るクラブ。走った後は、マーサージやクッキーカップケーキなどの無料サービスがあり、さらに毎週走った距離を加算して特典があったりと、楽しそう!メンバー費は無料だし、3人で参加することに決定しました。
今のところ、3回ランニングクラブがありましたが、1回目は私1人で参加。2回目は3人で、そして先週の3回目はエミリーと私の2人で参加しました。グレナは初心者だし、エミリーも回復中なので、一緒に走る時は3マイルの距離を選びます。3マイルは私にとってはちょっと物足りないので、家に帰ってから再び3マイル走っていますが、友達と一緒に走るのはやっぱり楽しくって、とっても嬉しいです。
![]() |
| Emily, me, and Glenna |
Anyway, running is becoming my favorite hobby, but I know I'm not the only one. There are so many ladies in this club, and it is so inspiring to see more than 50 ladies gathered on Saturday morning ready to run. I guess running is quite popular nowadays.
いつか、3人でレースに参加できるといいなぁなんてこっそり思っていますが、どうでしょうね。エミリーは彼女のお母さん、妹、など皆ランナーなので、怪我さえ完治すれば楽々走れそうです。
私は4月に10マイルレースに参加することになっていますが(レース参加プレゼントに抽選で当たっちゃったのです♪)夏にはハーフ・マラソンにも挑戦しようかな?と思っています。
すっかり、走るのが趣味になっていますが、走るのが趣味な女性は増加しているみたいですね。このクラブもメンバー数は90名以上で、毎土曜日50人以上集まります。すごいですよね~


No comments:
Post a Comment