Sunday, February 17, 2013
Happy Valentine's Day!
I didn't know this until Rio started to going to a public school a few years ago, but here in the States, kids (or I should say parents) make a Valentine's Day box to take to school for exchanging Valentine's Day cards/treats. I once made a robot shaped box for Marcus, but I haven't been so creative for the last few years. This year, I decided to make a Lego shaped box for him. I used a shoe box, a few paper cups (cut in half), and spray paint. It turned out pretty good, I think. I should have hot glued the cups, but instead, I used masking tape, and it started to curled up after I painted. So, as you can see, I had to use clear packing tape over it. I'm already determined to do a better job next year!
上の写真はマーカスとバレンタインデーのギフトボックス。アメリカでは、バレンタインデーは友達クラスメートが全員カードやお菓子を配りあうので、そのために皆各自飾った箱を持っていきます。以前ロボットの形をした箱を作ったこともあるのですが、今年はマーカスの好きなレゴの箱を作りました。靴の箱に紙コップを半分に切ったものを並べてスプレーペイントを塗って出来上がり。まあまあの出来かな?紙コップをホットグルーで貼り付ければよかったのですが、マスキングテープを使ったのでペンキを塗った後剥がれてきてしまい、仕上げはテープを張ることになってしまったのが残念。来年はもうちょっと上手に作ろうと今から決心しています。
James and I were able to go out for dinner on Valentine's day. We didn't want to leave the kids alone very long in case Anthony gets upset, so we decided to go to Corner Bakery Cafe which is about 10 minutes away from our home. Corner Bakery Cafe reminds me of South Coast Plaza where we enjoyed going when we were living in So. California, so I like going there. It was so nice to go out on a date for change. Anthony has been having rough days, so it is relaxing to just get away from him even just for an hour.
ジェームズと私はバレンタインデーの夜は外食にお出かけしました。アントニーの事があるのであまり長時間出かけられないので、近くのレストランに1時間ほどでしたが、たまには2人でデートも良いものです。
James gave me the cutest key chain from Coach for Valentine's Day gift, and I really like it. He is so sweet.♥
コーチのキーチェーンをプレゼントしてくれました。可愛いでしょう?とても気に入っています。バレンタインにぴったりのハート型だし。
By the way, we did purchase the ice cream maker I mentioned before. I used the Amazon gift card from ebates.com, so this ice cream maker ended up being pretty cheap. The first kind of ice cream I made was Chocolate Ice Cream that James couldn't stop eating. It was Alton Brown's recipe, and it tasted so smooth and milky. I prefer a darker, intense flavor, so I'm going to experiment more to find a perfect Dark Chocolate Ice Cream recipe. Then, yesterday I made Salted Butter Caramel Ice Cream. I love caramel, and this ice cream was so so good! I think my life is now complete. :)
I'm so happy that we bought this ice cream maker. I'm going to have fun making a lot of different kinds of ice cream this spring/summer.
ところで、以前書いたアイスクリームメーカーを購入しました。ギフトカードを使って、セール中に買ったのでかなり安く買えてお得だったのですよ。もちろん最初に作ったのはチョコレートアイスクリーム。ジェームズはやめられない、とまらない、って感じで食べていました。クリーミーなミルクチョコレート味の美味しいアイスクリームでしたが、私はもっと濃厚なダークチョコレート味が好みなので、ちょっと研究するつもりです。
次に作ったのは上の写真のソルトバターカラメルアイスクリーム。私はカラメルが大好きなのですが、このアイスクリーム、すごーく美味しいです。人生もう悔いが残らないな、って思っちゃうくらい。(笑)
アイスクリームメーカー、これからどんどん暖かくなってきたら、ますますいろいろ作ろうと、今から楽しみにしています。今度はどのフレーバーに挑戦しようかなぁ~
Labels:
dessert,
dinner,
ice cream,
kids,
Valentine's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
satokoさん
コーチのキーチェーン良かったね!可愛い!!
ジェームスがチョコアイス喜んでる姿目に浮かびます。
食べ過ぎない様にね。
satokoさんもランニング続けて偉いですね。愉しそうだし....
長崎はランタン祭りで賑わっています。
ママ、コメント気がつかなくってごめんなさい! 皆元気にしていますが、ふうちゃんを思い出しては悲しんでいます。(涙)
Post a Comment