I was so into this ice cream making thing last week. I made "roasted strawberry buttermilk ice cream" and "roasted banana ice cream". Why are both "roasted'? It just happened that both recipes required roasting the fruit. Rio and Marcus LOVED "roasted strawberry buttermilk ice cream". They finished the first batch so fast, and requested to make it again, so I did. "roasted banana ice cream" was OK. It tasted more like frozen bananas than ice cream. I'm going to try a different recipe to see if I can make somewhat similar to Ben & Jerry's "Chunky Monkey" ice cream.
アイスクリームメーカーを買って以来、アイスクリーム作りに凝ってしまっています。先週は“ローストストロベリーアイスクリーム”や”ローストバナナアイスクリーム”を作りました。“ロースト” ということは、オーブンで焼くことなので、どちらのアイスクリームもイチゴあるいはバナナをひとまず焼くことから始まります。リオとマーカスはこのストロベリーアイスクリームがすっかり気に入って、あっという間に食べちゃって、また作って!とリクエストをするほど。
バナナアイスクリームは、美味しかったけれどアイスクリームというより凍ったバナナを食べているという感じ。もう少しレシピ研究が必要ですね~
| Roasted banana ice cream with homemade hot fudge sauce |
他に作っているのはホームメードポップタルト。
I am trying to avoid high fructose syrup or hydrogenated oil, and store bought Pop Tarts are not the healthiest food. So, why not making them, right? They also taste a lot better, and in fact they are so good that you can't stop eating them. They use quite a bit of butter, so I don't call them healthy snacks. I'm not sure if I will make them often because they are too addictive! :)
高加糖コーンシロップや硬化油を使った食品をなるべく避けるようにしているので、市販のポップタルトは買うたびに気が引けます。(ポップタルトって何?という方はこちらをどうぞ→Pop-Tarts)
そこで、手作りすればいいかな?と作ってみたのですが、これが美味しい!バターをたくさん使うパート・ブリセ生地を使うので健康食ではないです。食べすぎには注意しないと、です。
I didn't take any pictures, but I also made homemade almond butter. James and I love almond butter, but it can be pricey. I was able to find raw almonds in bulk for $3.99/lb. I used the food processor my mother-in-law gave me for my last birthday to grind almonds to make almond butter. It takes a while to turn raw almonds into butter, but it's worth it. I made chocolate almond butter as well, and it's delicious. Not too chocolatey (think Nutella), but enough to satisfy your chocolate craving.
写真は撮ってないけれど、アーモンドバターも作りました。ジェームズと私はアーモンドバターが大好き。安いアーモンドが手に入ったので、フードプロセッサーで撹拌して作りました。材料はアーモンドのみの、自然な味が気に入っています。りんごに塗って食べるのがお気に入りです。
I love baking, and whenever I have time, I spend the whole day in the kitchen baking, or making something. I get tired at the end of the day, and tell my family that I am not going to bake anything for a while, but it takes less than 24 hours for me to start baking again.
No comments:
Post a Comment