Sunday, May 12, 2013
The Barber of Seville
Last Thursday, Marcus and I were able to go to see the dress rehearsal of Utah Opera's production of "The Barber of Seville". One of Marcus's soccer teammate's sister told me about this opportunity, and I was so happy to get tickets for us. The opera tickets are usually $50 and up, but you can buy a dress rehearsal ticket for $3.00 if you're a K-12 student, and $5.00 for a chaperoning adult. That is a really good deal!
先週の木曜日、ユタオペラの「セヴィリアの理髪師 」をマーカスと見に行ってきました。「セヴィリアの理髪師 」は、♪フィガロ、フィガロ、フィガロ~♪ という歌が有名なオペラ。マーカスに見せたいと思っていましたが、チケットは$50以上と高かったので諦めていたところ、ドレス・リハーサルが一般公開される事を知り、しかもチケット代は学生3ドル、同伴の大人は5ドルと格安!教えてくれたマーカスのサッカーのチームメイトのお姉さんに感謝!でした。
Since it was a "dress rehearsal", the singers reserved their voices here and there, and the orchestra stopped and went through some parts at the beginning of Act II, but other than that, it was just like watching the real production. We knew that the story of this opera was funny, but watching it live was so entertaining. They did a great job, and the audience laughed a lot. Marcus and I both really enjoyed it.
リハーサルだけれど、一度だけオーケストラが演奏を中断して練習をしたことと、歌の箇所によってはのどを痛めないように音程を制限することがあったりした以外は本番そのもの。とっても楽しむことが出来ました。マーカスと私は大笑いしながら「観に来てよかったね~」と感動。
Now that I find out we can get tickets for dress rehearsals, I'm looking forward to go to see more operas for the 2013-2014 season. I really want to see La Traviata, but not sure if Marcus will be excited about it. ;)
このドレスリハーサルの存在を知ったからには、またオペラ観に行きたいと思います。2013-2014年シーズンは「ラ・トラヴィアータ-椿姫-」が予定されているのでぜひ観たいのですが、ストーリー的にマーカスにはちょっと?かな?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment