Sunday, August 25, 2013

First week of school




This last week was the first week of school. Marcus started the 6th grade at middle school, and Rio is a junior at high school. I was especially nervous about Marcus being at middle school, but it went very well this week, and I'm so happy and excited for this year. I'm a little bit disappointed that he is not taking orchestra, but I know he will love the art class that he's enrolled in instead. He loves drawing, and he is interested in being an architect or Lego designer in the future, so it will be a good class for him to take. 

今週は学校第一週目でした。マーカスは中学生、リオは高校2年生。早いですよね~マーカスが中学に行くことになったのが心配でしたが、とても良い学校そうで、ひと安心。オーケストラに参加しないことになったのがちょっと残念ですが、美術のクラスを取ることになったのが楽しみです。彼は絵を描くのが好きだし、将来はレゴのデザイナーか、建築家になることに興味があるので、美術はぴったりですよね。

This is actually the official first day of school picture. The one on top was taken on an orientation day for the 6th graders.

By the way, my blog's purpose has been mainly to communicate with family/friends far away, and now I have another way to communicate with my mom because she joined Facebook! I'm so glad that she did. Now I can post a quick update about the kids or anything about my day and she can see it immediately. In fact, those "first day of school" pictures were posted on Facebook and Instagram on the day that they were taken, and my mom commented on the post instantly. The other day, I posted a picture of my dessert, and my mom and my cousin's wife commented and asked for the recipe. Now they are making it in Japan. I think that's so neat. I will probably do more posting on Facebook going forward than I will on this blog, since it's more convenient that way. 

ところで、最近私の母がフェースブックを始めました。ブログより簡単に手早く写真を載せたり、日々の出来事の写真をアップデートできるフェースブックはとっても便利。なかなかコンピューターの前に座ってブログを書く時間が作れないので、その日のうちに遠くに住む家族や友人とコミュニケーションできるのは嬉しいことです。ますますブログから遠ざかってしまいそうです。

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...