Rio is in her school district Youth Symphony, and the symphony performed at Festival of Trees last week.
I took some pictures, but unfortunately, my camera broke! and all of my pictures disappeared. I'm really really sad! There were many pretty trees, gingerbread houses, wreaths, and quilts. I wish I could post those pictures I took...
Well, luckily, I taped the performance, so at least you can watch them. When you hear the flute part, that's my daughter playing. Well, there are six flutists in all, so technically she's not the only one. Still, I couldn't help smiling and being proud whenever I heard the sound of a flute. Besides, she is the 1st chair flutist. :-)
For this song, she played the piccolo. She was asked to learn to play the piccolo when she joined the symphony. She told me that playing the flute and the piccolo were quite different even though they are both wind instruments. The piccolo sounds so high and whenever she practices at home, our ears start to ring!
For this song, she played the piccolo. She was asked to learn to play the piccolo when she joined the symphony. She told me that playing the flute and the piccolo were quite different even though they are both wind instruments. The piccolo sounds so high and whenever she practices at home, our ears start to ring!
リオは学校区の全中学校からオーデションで選ばれたミュージシャンを集めたシンフォニーに第1フルート奏者として参加しています。 そのシンフォニーが Festival of Trees という催しで演奏する機会があったので家族で聞きに行ってきました。
Festival of Trees は綺麗に飾利の施されているクリスマスツリー、リース、手の込んだジンジャーブレッドハウス、素晴らしいパッチワークなど、寄付された作品が展示されます。全て販売対象となり、収益は地元のに寄付されるチャリテイー・イベントです。
写真を撮影したのですがカメラの調子が悪く、メモリーカードが読み取り不可能になってしまい、写真が全部削除されてしまいました。(大ショック!)
でも、演奏の撮影をしておいたので、2曲だけですが載せました。1曲目はFarandoleという題名の曲です。姿は見えないけれど、フルートが聞こえるたびに「リオだ!」とにんまりしてしまいました。 2曲目ではリオはピッコロを演奏してます。ピッコロは高音なので、家で練習しているときは皆、耳鳴りがしてしまいそうでした。ピッコロはシンフォニーに参加するようになってからシンフォニーの先生に勧められて始めたのですが、同じ吹奏楽器でもフルートとはかなり吹き方が違うそうで、最初は苦労していました。
同じ日にマーカスのオーケストラのコンサートもあったので、次回はその記事を書きますね。
No comments:
Post a Comment