Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Orchestra Christmas Concert

Marcus is in his school orchestra this year. They have a beginner level and an advanced level, and he's in the advanced level because he's been taking lessons for close to two years now. Most of the students in the advanced level are the 6th graders, so whenever they perform, he's buried among the bigger kids and it's quite hard to see his face! 
They had a Christmas concert on the same night that Rio's symphony performed at the Festival of Trees, so we had a busy night moving one place to another.
These pictures and videos were taken at the performance that they did for their school during the school hours. They were wearing matching "Got Rosin?" shirts (Rosin is something you use to put on the hair of the bow). 

When they performed for family and friends at night, I was outside in the hallway with Anthony. Anthony doesn't do well at this type of event, so someone has to be with him outside. Usually, my husband does that for me, but since I had already seen the performance during the day, I offered to stay with Anthony this time. 




 

I think they did pretty well considering many of them are beginners and don't take a private lesson at all.

マーカスの小学校のオーケストラのコンサートがありました。
3年生から6年生向けの自主参加のオーケストラなのですが初級と上級があり、個人レッスンでもう約2年ほどバイオリンを習っているので、彼は上級グループに参加。上級グループはほとんどが6年生なので、小さい彼はコンサートでは埋もれてしまいます。(笑)

コンサートは学校用にお昼と家族用に夜、2回あったので、この写真とビデオはお昼に撮影しました。夜のコンサートは私は残念ながら会場の外の廊下でアントニーと待機。アントニーはコンサートなどは無理なので、誰かが見ていなくてはいけません。普段は主人がその役を買ってくれるのですが、今回は私はお昼に見ておいたので、バトンタッチしました。

プライベートレッスンで習っていない、初級の子供たちが多いオーケストラですが、なかなか頑張って演奏していましたよ。サンタの帽子と、"Got Rosin?"と書かれたお揃いのTシャツが可愛いです。

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...