Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Busy Weekend of Soccer


One of the reasons why I was glad that Anthony was released from the hospital on Wednesday was that our younger son Marcus's soccer tournament was scheduled on a weekend. There were three games over the course of three days, and we had to travel about 45 miles to participate.

アントニーが水曜日に退院できてほっとした理由のひとつには、マーカスがサッカーのトーナメントが木曜日から土曜日の3日間参加予定に入っていたからでした。45マイルほど(車で片道一時間)かけてトーナメントへ通う日が続きました。

Since Anthony was still recovering, I stayed home with him on Thursday while my husband took Marcus to the game, then my mother-in-law took us there on Friday. I had to take Anthony with us, but he didn't look very good and was acting very tired, so, on Saturday, I took Marcus to the semi-final game and my husband stayed home with Anthony.

アントニーがまだ完全に回復していない様子だったので、木曜日は主人が、そして金曜日は主人のお義母さんと私と、そしてアントニーも連れて行ったのですが、帰りにはちょっと疲れている様子だったので、土曜日は主人とアントニーはお留守番(リオは全く興味がないので試合には付いて来ません。笑)でした。

It was fun to watch Marcus play, but they only won one game and I could tell that his team needed a lot of work. Marcus was so sick for the last few weeks, and couldn't practice at all, and that was very apparent in the way he played. Since he loves playing soccer, I hope he gets better at it. We might have to put him into an intensive training program!

マーカスの試合を見るのは楽しいのですが、このチーム、まだまだトレーニングが必要だなぁと思いました。3試合中勝ったのは1試合だけですもん。そして、マーカス、数週間病気をしていて練習できていなかったのが、プレーにはっきりと現れていました。ちょっと特訓しないといけないかな?

What I really didn't care about was THE PARENTS! They were shouting, yelling, coaching from the sideline and they acted as if their lives depended on a soccer game! They were just too intense, and it really turned me off. I know that I was a little overreacting when Marcus first started playing competitive soccer, but I think I'm getting better at it. If continuing to get involved with competitive soccer means that I have to put up with those parents, I might have to convince Marcus (and my husband) to switch to rec soccer. (Fat chance)

それにしても、今回改めて目についたのが、親の態度!どの試合でもそれぞれのチームの親が観戦しながら、大声で指図したり、怒鳴ったり、すごい気合なのですよね。まるで、生死をかけた試合かのごとく真剣。思いっきり興ざめしてしまいました。私も熱が入ってマーカスに声をかけることはありますが、なるべくぐっと我慢しているつもり。(笑)
今後コンペティティブ・サッカーを続けるとしたら、そういう親たちに付き合わなければいけないかと思うとちょっとうんざりです。普通のレクリエーション・サッカーにしようとマーカス(+主人)を説得しようかと思っています。(絶対無理。苦笑)

To conclude the tournament, they had a special deal with the RSL game on Saturday night. All the kids who participated in the tournament got to walk in the stadium prior to the game. Then, there was a fireworks show after the game.
My husband and Marcus went to the game (I wanted to go with them, but somebody had to stay home with Anthony...) and here are some of the pictures my husband took for me.

トーナメントの締めくくりはレアルソルトレイク の試合観戦でした。トーナメントに参加した選手が試合の前にパレードしたり、試合の後に花火の打ち上げがあったり、楽しそうでしたよ。(主人とマーカスのみ参加。)

主人が撮ってくれた写真です。

With his teammates


I don't know why he's making a face...




By the way, this tournament featured two teams from Japan, and they decided to do a fundraiser to help support these players and Japan. A portion of each ticket to the RSL game on Saturday went directly to the Japanese Earthquake Relief Fund. What a great idea! I hope that those players from Japan enjoyed their stay in Utah and were able to take home a good amount of donation with them.

(A photo from www.larocafc.com)

ところで、このトーナメントには日本からも2チーム参加したそうです(千葉県のフッチというチームのようです)。そして、レアルの試合のチケットの売り上げの一部が日本の地震支援基金に寄付されるようになっていました。日本からの選手、試合を楽しんでそして寄付金をたくさん持ち帰れたことを祈っています。

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...