Saturday, May 26, 2012

Who Wants To Be An Opera Star?


There was a Youth Guild party last Saturday. Some wonderful Utah Opera Resident Artists made a special presentation of their game show program "Who Wants To Be An Opera Star?"
Apparently, each year, the Utah Opera apprentices travel to over 200 elementary schools throughout Utah to teach them about Opera performing this program. It was wonderful. Those singers are so talented. This was the second time Rio and Marcus listened to live opera songs. Rio is not a big fan of classical music in general, and she was not excited at all to go to this party. Still she said that she enjoyed it. Marcus of course loved it, and he is looking forward to going to see the opera someday.

The other day, he said he was in a mood for opera, so I played a few songs from La Bohème, including O Soave Fanciulla. He said, "I love this!" (Of course, who wouldn't like La Bohème, right?)
 
I asked him how much he would like to go to see the opera, he said,
'If there was a good opera concert and the RSL vs. LA Galaxy game on the same day, it would be a very, very tough choice.'
Well, that means he is serious. I'd better get him a ticket. :)

リオとマーカスの参加する、ユタシンフォニー/ユタオペラのグループのパーティがありました。ユタ・オペラが"Who Wants To Be An Opera Star?"というショーをしてくれましたが、とても面白かった。オペラを数曲披露してくれたのですが、素晴らしい歌唱力と演技力。生で聴くオペラはやっぱり違いますね〜 渋々パーティに参加したリオも楽しかったと言ってくれました。

マーカスはもちろんとても気に入っていて、ますますオペラに興味がでたみたいです。先日、「オペラを聴きたい気分。」というので、私のiPodからラ・ボエーム からの数曲を選んで聴かせてあげたら、「いいねー!」って。オペラのコンサートに行きたいというので、どのくらい行きたい?と聞くと、「もし、オペラのコンサートと、レアルソルトレイク対LAギャラクシー(ベッカム所属)の試合が同じ日に重なったら、すごく悩むくらい。」との答え。だったら、かなり行きたいって言う事ですね。オペラのチケット買わなきゃです。



2 comments:

ママ said...

昨日、おばあちゃんと葉子姉が遊びに来たので貴女のブログを見せてあげました。
愉しそうに踊るリオの映像、おばあちゃん嬉しそうに見てましたよ。
皆で逢いたいですね。

satoko said...

コメント入れる事できたのね。ありがとう。
いつか会える日を楽しみにしています。

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...