Saturday, June 2, 2012

The violin recital

Marcus had a violin recital last Wednesday. The way his music school does it is that there are three performances at the end of the semester. First, the studio recital with other students of your teacher, then there's jury, followed by the honor recital. During jury, they select a certain amount of students to perform for the final honor recital.
Each student prepares two pieces to perform, and the jury also chooses which piece the student will perform at the honor recital if they are chosen.

Marcus has been working on Gavotte by Bach and Concerto in G minor, 1st movement by Vivaldi. Gavotte is unaccompanied, but the other one is.

Unfortunately, they only provide one 10 minutes rehearsal with the accompanist. It might not be a problem if your piece is simple and short, but Marcus's piece was about 5 minutes long. So, at the jury, the accompanist messed up, and that made Marcus messed up with his piece, and it didn't sound very good. Therefore, they told Marcus to play Gavotte at the honor recital.

That was very disappointing for Marcus because he was working so hard with the concerto. It is a difficult piece, and he was looking forward to performing it. I regret that I didn't request more rehearsals with the accompanist although I'm not sure if that was possible even I asked for it.

水曜日はマーカスのバイオリンリサイタルでした。マーカスはリサイタルのために2曲練習していましたが、結局1曲だけ演奏する事になりがっかり。演 奏しなかった方の曲を特に頑張っていたので残念でした。演奏した曲、バッハのガボットは無伴奏の曲だったというのが理由の1つ。しなかった曲はヴィヴァルディ協奏曲(Gマイナー)の第一楽章。伴奏者とのリハーサルが一回だけだったし、準備万端でなかったのですよね。とにかく、リサイタルのビデオです。↓

Well, his performance at the honor recital went well. Here's the video.



I also filmed the concerto at the studio recital. The school provided a wonderful professional accompanist for this recital (they usually use one of their piano students as a accompanist).
His name is Jed Moss and I didn't know him, but I overheard one of the moms telling him that "we are so spoiled (to be accompanied by you)." 
Marcus loved playing with him, and after the recital, he asked, "Can we hire him for the recital from now on?" Well, I went home, googled him, and found his website. He is a very accomplished pianist. No wonder he was so good.

So, here's Marcus performing the Vivaldi concerto in G minor, 1st movement a few weeks ago at the studio recital. It was not even at the recital hall. In fact, it was in the office building.

これは、2週間前のリサイタルの練習用リサイタルから。本番で弾けなかった協奏曲を弾いています。



Lots of parents complimented him that his musical expression is wonderful. When I listen to the other students' performance, I can tell that Marcus has more musical ability than others, although some have better technical skills than him.

1 comment:

mama said...

マーカスの演奏、何度見ても感動!
昨夜もあー君と見て思わず拍手しちゃった。
難しい曲を弾くのね。上達ぶりには驚きます。
「俺のギター、あんなに指動かないよ」とマーカスを尊敬のまなざしで見てましたよ。
サッカーとの両立大変だと思うけど 続けられたら良いね。

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...