Rio participated in church youth activity last week, and she was away from home for two days. I know, it was only two days, but we missed her so much! I don't know what I would do when she leaves to college in three years. I don't even want to think about it.
リオは先週、教会の行事で1泊2日お出かけしました。たった一晩なのに、家族皆で寂しがってしまいました。3年後に大学生になって家を出てしまう時はどうしましょう。考えたくないなぁ~
While she was gone, I gave her bedroom a makeover. She found a picture of the bedroom she liked, and I tried to make her room as close as possible. I painted a border, and printed out some pictures of her friends. She told me that she didn't want a lot of pink in her room, so I chose mint as a new accent color.
帰宅した時にびっくりさせようと、彼女の部屋の模様替えをしました。出かける前に理想のベッドルームの写真を見せてくれたので、イメージが近づくように頑張りましたがどうでしょう?お部屋にピンク色のものが多すぎ、と言っていたのでアクセントカラーは彼女の好きなミント色にしました。
Here's the picture she showed to me beforehand.
これがお手本の写真です。
She is very happy with her newly decorated room. I'm so glad that she liked it.
Now I really want to repaint her desk and bookshelf white. I hope I can get that done while I'm off in July.
机と本棚を白に塗り替えたら完成かな?彼女はとても気に入ってくれたので、頑張って家具の塗り替えを夏中に仕上げようと思っています。
Another thing she got recently is....
そして最近もうひとつ...
A new bike! She is currently taking an online fitness class, and she is required to exercise 30 minutes three times a week for 12 weeks. We started running two weeks ago, but it was not working very well since she hates running. I love running, and I'm excited to train myself for 5K in August, but she is not. She loves biking, though, and she has a nice bike her grandma bought for her a few years ago. However, when she tried to ride on it, we found out that it became too small for her. So, I looked at the local ads and found a bike that looked like in a good condition. We went to see it, and she loved it. It has a brand new brake, chain, tires, etc., and everything is tuned up. The lady who was selling it told us that she took it to the bike shop to get it ready for her to ride more this summer, but after everything was fixed, the shop owner told her that this bike was too small for her! She was a very nice lady, and she sold it to us for only $100. She also said to us, "I'm so happy that I can sell it to nice people. I loved this bike", then offered a nice cold water bottle to Rio for her ride home. I love it when I meet 'nice people' and also get a good deal. What a blessing.
自転車を買ってあげました。夏の間、オンラインの体育のクラスを取っているリオ。課題は週3回30分以上の運動をする事。そこで、2人で早朝ジョギングをすることにしたのですが、リオは長距離走が好きじゃないのです。私は好きな方なので、楽しんで走るほうなのですが、彼女は全くだめ。そこで、自転車は大好きだと言うので、じゃあサイクリングにしよう!と、自転車を探す事にしました。すると、運良く近所で自転車を売っている人が見つかったので、見に行ってみると、それがかなり良い自転車!ブレーキやチェーン、タイヤも新品。持ち主の女性の話によると、夏に向けてお手入れしようと自転車専門店に持っていってすべて整備してもらったそうです。それならどうして手放すのかというと、整備後に、自転車専門店のオーナーに「ところで、この自転車はあなたにはちょっと小さいですよ。」と言われたとか。それはないですよね~
100ドルで売ってくれましたが、「良い人に買ってもらえてよかったわぁ。」って言ってくれて、なかなか感じの良い女性でした。早速乗って帰ろうとするリオに、冷たいペットボトルの水をくれたりと、親切でした。たった100ドルで買えて本当にラッキー!最近いろいろとラッキーなことが多くて本当に感謝する毎日なのです。
We went out exercising this morning, me running, and Rio biking. It was perfect. It was 3 miles exercise for about 40 minutes, and it felt good. I'm glad that I can go out and workout with her.
今朝は早速2人でエクササイズ。近くの公園で、私はジョギングでリオは自転車。5キロほどの距離を40分かけて運動しました。めでたしめでたし。


No comments:
Post a Comment