Today was the last day of school for Marcus. I think that overall he had a pretty good year. His class was taught by a team of two teachers, and he enjoyed being taught by both of them. Sadly, one of the teachers is retiring, and the other teacher is not coming back to our school. There have been some changes happening at his school recently. The principal is also being transferred now after nine years at our school. It's going to be strange not to see him in his office.
今日はマーカスの4年生最後の日でした。二人の先生が午前と午後を別々に担当して教えてくれた1年でしたが、なかなか良い1年を過ごせたかな、と思います。2人ともこの小学校で教えるのは最後になるので(右の先生は定年、左の先生は移転)少し寂しいです。
9年間この小学校を担当した校長先生も転勤してしまいます。私もこの学校で働くこと4年、来学期からこの校長先生がいないと思うとすごく残念です。
At the beginning of the year, we were told that the 4th graders would have an opportunity to earn a President's Award for Educational Excellence at the end of the year if they meet the criteria. I believe the students have to earn straight A's throughout the year in order to receive this award. Well, Marcus was able to earn it, and he came home with the certificate signed by the President along with the lapel pin inscribed with the Presidential Seal. Way to go, Marcus! I'm so proud of him.
ところで、4年生が始まる時に先生から、「4年生では特別に成績優秀生徒に対して大統領のサイン入り表彰状をもらえますよ。」と聞いていました。マーカスもらえるかな?とちょっと気になっていましたが、最後の日にちゃんと表彰状と大統領公印の襟章を貰って帰ってきました。頑張ったね、マーカス!
He will be a 5th grader in three weeks. I can't believe he's old enough to be a 5th grader! I hope he will have another great year next year.
7月末には5年生が始まるマーカス。もう5年生だなんてびっくりしてしまいます。来学年も良い1年になるといいな。
7月末には5年生が始まるマーカス。もう5年生だなんてびっくりしてしまいます。来学年も良い1年になるといいな。
No comments:
Post a Comment