The soccer club Marcus belongs to holds an annual 5K run every summer. Well, today was the day!
I was volunteering to be in charge of transporting the water bottles and several coolers, so I needed to leave home at 5:30 AM. The rest of the family left about 6:15 AM. It was too early to wake up Anthony, so we left him home, and my mother-in-law came to our house for us in case he woke up.
It was a nice morning, and the race started at 7:30. I've been running for the last two months to be ready for this race. I've never been in an official race, so I was excited to participate.
This was a fundraising race for Inter FC, so most of the runners were Inter FC soccer players (aka. very fit youth from 8-18), and some parents. I really didn't have a plan for my run, but fortunately I ended up running with one of the dads from Marcus's team. We chatted while we ran, and although he said that he was not in good shape, he was a good runner. He kept me in a steady pace, and it was fun running with him.
マーカスの入っているサッカークラブは毎年夏に5キロレースを催します。参加費用がサッカークラブに寄付される仕組みになっているのです。昨日はそのレースの日でした。レースは朝7時半開始でしたが、私はペットボトルの水を会場に運ぶ係りになっていたので朝5時半に家を出るといった早起きの日となりました
レースに参加したのは私とマーカス。私はこのレースに備えて6月から毎朝ジョギングをしていたので、わくわくどきどき。サッカーチームの選手は参加が義務になっているので、参加者は8才から17才の走るのには慣れた子供たちがほとんどと、親の参加は50-60人くらいだったかな?
私はレースに参加するのは初めてなので、どう走るかのプランは何も考えていなかったのですが、偶然にマーカスのチームメートの1人のお父さんが話しかけてくれて一緒に走ることになりました。彼は「最近あまり走ってないからなぁ。」なんていっていたわりにはちゃんと走っていて、走りながら交わした会話によると、10キロレースとか何度か参加している経験者ランナーでした。おかげでペースを保ちながら走ることができて、一緒に走れてとてもよかったです。
| Can you find me? 私がどれかわかります? |
| Me and my running partner 私とビル |
| Marcus was running ahead of me and I couldn't even see him at all. マーカスは私よりずっと前を走っていました。 |
| I did it! フィニッシュ! |
The time was not as good as I hoped for, but I was third place in my women's age group! It was so much fun. Marcus did great and finished as the fourth place in his age group as well. Way to go, Marcus!
タイムは30分18秒と遅めでしたが(でも、あんまり正確じゃない気がします)、女性参加中19番、40-49歳グループでは3位でした。マーカスは彼の年齢グループでは4位の24分7秒。頑張ったね!
After the race, we went home, took showers, etc., then it was time to leave for Marcus' violin recital. Why did it have to be the same day?! Anyway, it was a very casual recital, and it was not even at the recital hall. I think they should have done it at the recital hall because there was no room for the parents to sit and watch. Plus, the acoustics were not very good since it was in an office space.
レース終了後、一時帰宅してシャワーを浴び、午後はバイオリンのリサイタルへ。夏のレッスンは5週間のみだったので、簡単なリサイタル。1年前に第2バイオリンを弾いたバッハの2つのバイオリンのよる協奏曲の第1バイオリンを担当したマーカス。第2バイオリンを弾いたのは同い年のホラス君。
| Marcus and Horace |
サッカーのトーナメントなどで忙しくあまり練習できなかったわりにはマーカス、うまく弾けてました。ホラスとマーカスは演奏スタイルが違いますが、デュエット楽しんでいました。
They have many things in common; the same age, being in the ALPS program, and Asian (half for Marcus, of course). Horace plays piano as well, and his mom told me that he is more serious about piano than violin. When we went to his house to practice together, he played the Chopin Waltz op 64 no. 2 which he has been working on. He was very good.
ちなみにホラス君はピアノが上手。バイオリンよりピアノの練習が毎日大変だそうです。彼の家に練習しに行った時に、ショパンのワルツを弾いてくれましたが上手でしたよ。
Here's the video of their performance. Enjoy!
リオが撮影したリサイタルのビデオです。
2 comments:
satokoさん、相変わらず忙しそうですね。
走るのが苦手だった貴女が5kも走るなんて驚いてます。
マーカスはスポーツも音楽も頑張ってて偉い!
今年の日本は猛暑で参りました。
まだまだ残暑も厳しそうですが何とか乗り切れそうです。
satokoさんも身体に気をつけて頑張りすぎない様にね。
ママ、長距離は昔から好きなのですよ。知らなかった?
毎日5-8キロくらい走っています。かなり凝り性かも。(笑)
Post a Comment