Sunday, January 20, 2013

The First Lego League tournament


As I wrote about a year ago, I coached two Lego League team for the 2011-2012 season. After the season, I was not going to be a coach again, but eventually I gave in because Marcus kept begging me. Parents go extra miles for their kids, don't they? This time, though, I only coached one team because I didn't have any other parents to help me. One team can have a maximum of ten members, but more than twenty students showed interest. I ended up doing a drawing to pick those ten kids. We met twice a week for two hours from October to December to prepare for the tournament, and I thought that would be enough, but well, I was wrong! Those boys are so active and won't sit still. All of them are talented and smart, but I had a hard time keeping them focused on their task.

約一年前にレゴリーグのコーチを務めた記事を書きましたが、次シーズンもコーチを続けるかどうか迷っていましたのですが、マーカスに懇願されて結局またコーチをすることになってしまいました。可愛いマーカスに頼まれたらしない訳にはいかないですよね。今シーズンは一緒にコーチをしてくれる人が見つからなかったので、1チームだけ担当。最人数は10名なのが、参加希望は20人以上あり、クジ引きで10名に絞ることになりました。10月から12月までの3ヶ月間、週2回2時間集まって練習しました。

The regional tournament was last Saturday, and we didn't move up to the State Championship tournament. There were 14 regional qualifying tournaments throughout Utah and the top four teams from each qualifying tournament move up to the State Championship tournament. I am hoping that we can advance to the State Championship next season. (Yes, I am planning to do it again one more year. Call me crazy.)
Most of those kids are 5th graders, so I'm hoping that they will come back. That should help our team do better next season.

先週末、地区トーナメントがありましたが、今回も残念ながら州トーナメントに進むことが出来なくてちょっと残念。地区トーナメントは14地区あり、各自上位4組が州トーナメントに進出することが出来るのです。来年は絶対進出するぞ!と今から決意したりしています。今回のチームの子供たちはほとんどが5年生なので、来シーズンも引き続き参加してくれると、きっと活躍してくれそうな気がするのです。頑張ろっと!

I love the picture above. Aren't they adorable? I love all of them.
最初の写真、なかなか良いでしょう?皆それぞれ個性的で可愛いです。

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...