We went on a vacation during the winter break. We left Utah early Christmas day, and drove straight through to Southern California. It was a long drive, and the traffic around San Bernardino was awful, but we arrived safely at the hotel in Santa Ana around 9:30 PM.
It was so nice to go back there after living in Utah for almost six years. We visited the places we used to go to often, and had a lot of fun. The Irvine Spectrum was one of them, and we rode the Ferris wheel there. It brought back a lot of memories.
冬休みはカリフォルニアに出かけました。クリスマスの朝9時半頃ユタを出発して、カリフォルニア到着夜9時半頃だったので合計12時間。途中でラスベガスで休暇を過ごしたと思われる渋滞に巻き込まれたので予定より2時間くらいオーバーしましたが、無事に着いたのでひと安心でした。
約5年ぶりのカリフォルニア、以前よく行った場所を訪れて思い出のリニューアルをしてきました。最初の写真の観覧車はアーバイン・スペクトラム。懐かしい~!
A beautiful sunset from the top of the Ferris wheel.
観覧車の頂上から見た夕焼けがきれいでした。
Of course, we went to Disneyland. There were so so many people there! I don't think we will ever go there again during the Christmas holiday season. We can get a special speed pass because of Anthony being autistic, but even with the pass, we sometimes had to wait 20 minutes to go on a ride.
入場料があまりに高いので(前はそこまでしなかったような気がするのですが)かなり躊躇したものの、勇気を振り絞って(?)出かけたディズニーランド。想像はしていたものの、ものすごい人でびっくり。もう絶対この時期には行かないでしょうね。アントニーがいるので、障害者家族用特別パスをもらえて乗り物には優先的に乗ることができるのですが、そのパスを使っても人気のある乗り物は10-20分くらい待たなくてはいけませんでした。もちろん、普通に並んでいる人は2時間とかって言っていたから、それに比べるとまだましですけれどね。
The newly opened Cars Land was fun. One of the rides called Radiator Springs Racers was so much fun. We all agreed that it was the best ride of all. We wanted to ride twice, but we were unable to. They didn't give us a quick access to the ride with our special pass, and offered a fast pass instead. A fast pass asks you to come back at a certain time, and we couldn't go back on time because we were going back and forth between Disneyland and California Adventure, and ran out of time at the end of the day. We will definitely go back for that ride in the future. Another thing I regret was that I didn't purchase the picture of the ride. They were taking pictures of people during the ride and selling them at the exit. Of course, it was quite expensive, so I decided not to. Our family picture was hilarious. Rio and I were screaming with our hair flying around, Marcus and James were smiling happily, and Anthony had the cutest big smile on his face. You could tell Anthony was really enjoying the ride. It is so hard to tell how Anthony feels about those rides, so I was so happy to see him having a great time. I wish I splurged and bought that picture.
新しくできた”カーズ・ランド”は映画そのままで楽しい雰囲気でした。Radiator Springs Racersという乗り物がありましたが、乗り終えた後、また乗りたい!と思わせてくれる乗り物でした。うちの家族の1番のお気に入りになりました。本当にお薦めです。2回目に挑戦しようとしたのですが、時間が足らず乗ることができなかったのが心残り。また乗りたいなぁ~
もうひとつの心残りは、その場で撮影された写真を購入しなかったこと。ディズニーランドでは乗り物によっては、乗っている様子を写真撮影して出口で販売することがあるのですが、もちろんそういった写真はお値段高いのですよね。うちの家族の写真は、リオと私が絶叫していて、2人とも髪もめちゃくちゃに乱れていて、一方マーカスとジェームズは満面の笑顔、そして最高だったのはアントニーが本当に嬉しそうに笑っていて素敵な笑顔だったこと。とても良い写真でした。アントニーが乗り物に乗ったりするのをどう思っているかわからないので、楽しんでいる様子がわかる写真を見られてとっても嬉しかったです。高かったけれど買えばよかった。残念。
Instead of the good family picture I didn't buy, this is the one I got. They complained that they didn't want to take a picture, and finally very reluctantly agreed. Still, nobody looked happy! LOL
代わりに手元にあるのはこの家族写真。みな写真を取るのを嫌がって、渋々撮影したものだから全然楽しくなさそうですよね。(苦笑)
Even though it was ridiculously expensive, I'm glad that we were able to go to Disneyland. I hope we can go back there again soon.
夜のイルミネーションが素敵なお城。(すごい人だかりな様子わかります?)
高いけれど(まだ言っている…苦笑)ディズニーランド、また行きたいです。
Another highlight of this trip was Legoland. Marcus, who loves Legos, was so excited to go there. The rides at Legoland were OK, but it was a fun place to go if you are a Lego fan. They have a display of Star Wars, and Marcus loved it.
もうひとつの旅行のハイライトはレゴランド。レゴが大好きなマーカスが待ちに待っていたアミューズメントパークです。
レゴランドの乗り物はまぁまぁといったところですが、敷地内、あちらこちらにレゴで作られた建物、飾りがあって、レゴ好きにはたまらないという感じかな。
マーカスはスター・ウォーズのコーナーに大喜び。
They have a small aquarium right next to Legoland, and we looked around before we left.
お隣に小さな水族館が出来ていて、そこも少し覗いて来ました。飾りはもちろんレゴ。
We saw the most beautiful rainbow ever on the way back to the hotel from Legoland. I wish my picture was better. It was absolutely gorgeous.
レゴランドを去る時に大雨だったので、帰りのフリーウェイで見事な虹を見ることが出来ました。写真うまく撮れなかったのですが、今まで見た虹の中で一番鮮やかな完璧に全半円の虹だったのですよ。思わずハワイを思い出してしまいました。
Other things we did were going to a Japanese super market, Japanese bookstore, and Japanese bakery. We didn't realize how much we have missed Japanese food etc. Rio and I even went to a hair cut at a Japanese hair salon I used to go to. Oh, how I miss that salon! Then, we also went out to eat sushi at Sushi Koto with James' cousin (she said it was the best sushi ever. It was really good!), and went to eat at our old favorite restaurant, Thai Kitchen. We barely had time, but somehow squeezed in a visit to South Coast Plaza. City Creek Center is great, but I must say that SCP is still so much better than any mall in Utah.
旅行中他に行ったのは、日本食スーパー、日本の本屋さん、日本のパン屋さんなどなど日本の物尽くめ。日本の物が豊富で簡単に手に入るカリフォルニアはやっぱりいいですね。
リオと私は、以前私の行きつけだった日本のヘアサロンでヘアカットまでして来ました。さすが、日本の美容師さんは上手です♪
ジェームズの従妹と待ち合わせしておいしいお寿司を食べに行ったり(これまた日本ですね)、以前お気に入りだったタイ料理のレストランにも行きました。
時間があまりなかったものの、30分だけ大好きなショッピングモール、サウスコーストプラザにも。ユタもシティークリークなど良いモールが出来てきてますが、やっぱりサウスコーストプラザには適わないと思ってしまいました。
We took a tour at Brigham Young Winter Home before leaving St. George. It was a very nice house, and we learned that they grow a pomegranate tree, pecan tree, and also a fig tree! James and I were so excited. We might seriously consider moving to St. George in the future. :)
It was such a fun trip, and we really didn't want to come home. I was so glad that Anthony didn't cause any problems during the trip. I hope we can take a vacation again before too long.
帰りは直行せず、ユタのセントジョージ市(カリフォルニアから約6時間、ユタから4時間ほど)で一泊しました。お義母さんが取ってくれたホテルはキッチンも付いていて快適でした。翌朝はチェックアウトの前に、フィットネスルームのトレッドミルで5キロ走っちゃいました♪(今回の旅行はちゃんとランニングシューズを持っていって、カリフォルニアのホテルでも走りました。かなり走るのに凝っていますね、私。笑)
セントジョージには、ブリガムヤング(約150年前のモルモンのリーダー)が冬を過ごした家があり、見学してきました。お家そのものも素敵でしたが、庭にザクロの木、ペカンの木、イチジクの木などがあって、私とジェームズは興奮してしまいました。(笑)だって、ソルトレークでは育たないですもの。将来はセントジョージに引っ越さなきゃね、なんて話しました。
一週間の家族旅行、とても楽しかったです。一番心配していたのがアントニーでしたが、まったく問題なくめでたしめでたし。次はまた5年後じゃなくてもっと早く行けるといいな。
No comments:
Post a Comment