Sunday, June 30, 2013

Reflecting on the Month of June

あれこれとバタバタしているうちに6月もおしまい。もう今年も半分過ぎてしまいましたね~
6月は、コンサートに行ったり、リオの歌のレッスンのリサイタルがあったり、マーカスの学校のプログラムがあったりと、忙しかったです。そして、この1週間ほど暑くて最高気温40度が続いていて、バテ気味。毎日のランニングも7時前にすませないと暑すぎなのですよ。

私が忙しかったのでこの記事の英語版はリオに担当してもらいましたが、綺麗なお花の写真は市が運営するガーデン・パーク、そしてビデオはリオのリサイタル、最後の写真はマーカスの学校のプログラムです。

Hello everyone! My mom is busy making some salted caramel chocolate cupcakes (during 105 degree weather today, mind you; and of course it's salted caramel) so I offered to type up her blog for her while she bakes. Unfortunately, I intended that to mean that she would tell me what she wanted to say and I would type in her place, but no! I'm going to be writing the blog post today. Hopefully this won't become a habit :)
No, actually, it's fine, I just find my mother extremely amusing, so I like to tease.

Alright, so, my mother says it's been busy. Or, in her words, "well, it's not that busy, but it's been busy." So, in conclusion, it's been busy. I had a Taylor Swift concert on June 1st (which was amazing and breathtaking and I loved it so much) that I was able to go to with one of my best friends. Mom couldn't go with me due to certain complications with the tickets and all, but I think she had a good time with Marcus going to Josh Wright's concert on that same day (Side note: He is a talented pianist, and I've heard him before. Not sure if Mom has a blog post on his last performance we've been to but honestly, I'm not particularly in the mood to go hunt it down, especially if it doesn't even exist, so please bear with me). She says it was very good (absentmindedly, of course, since she's busy cooking :P). "He is not only a talented pianist, but also humble and inspirational. We were able to talk to him after the concert, and he remembers me from some of the online interactions that we have had. His new CD just recently came out and I highly recommend it. It's called "My Favorite Things," says my mother.

Marcus and Josh Wright

June 8th was a busy day. Three things (in particular) happened. Autism Speaks was hosting another movie event (the first one we went to was back in March) so my family, my grandma, and I went to attend. The movie showing was "Epic". Thank goodness this movie was one of few nowadays that has no crude humor (that I can recall). Later, we went to Conservation Garden Parks to look at some of the pretty plants and gardens there. It's quite a pleasant place to visit. Very peaceful. Unless you get to the booth "marketplace" section. Then, it's another farmer's marketplace. Which isn't bad. It just feels a little out of touch with nature, which is somewhat ironic, since we're there to look for plants and such.




Just some pictures of Conservation Garden Parks

I also had my first voice recital. You may (or may not) recall that, back in 2011, my voice teacher performed in the Hale Centre Theatre's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Well, she was my voice teacher at the time, but we took a bit of a break with lessons. About 1.5 years, haha.... So I started up lessons with her again in mid-April of this year. I feel like I'm making progress, which is great. My mom says I did an "amazing" job at my voice recital. I did OK, but it's fine, it's my first time legitimately performing with singing so I think I did a decent enough job.


I meant to do this all in chronological order, but since I just mentioned my teacher and the Hale Centre Theatre's production, I might as well talk about the show we just saw Friday night at the Hale Centre Theatre. It's called "Ragtime". My grandma was kind enough to give us three tickets to one night's showing of "Ragtime", which was also the same night that my voice teacher -- and her new husband! -- were performing on, which was really fun to see. By the way, her husband is extremely talented. Not to say my voice teacher isn't; she is quite talented as well. But he has such a stunning voice. He performed as the Phantom in BYU's recent production of "The Phantom of the Opera." He is amazing. We just had to throw that in there.

Marcus is graduating from 5th grade this year and on June 18th, he had a D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) graduation program. D.A.R.E. is a program that all kids in elementary school participate in to learn about drugs and the harmful affects that come your way when you use them and how to refuse drug offers, etc. I only recall going through this program for my 5th grade year, but apparently Marcus and his class have been a part of it since the 3rd grade. They have to sing a song (the D.A.R.E. theme song, I believe) for the graduation so Mother filmed a part of it.


Some of the kids of 5th grade at the D.A.R.E. graduation program



Phew! Sorry that was so elaborate; I haven't written in forever, but I love doing so. It's nice to have the freedom to write whatever you want (and put a touch of your own personality into it) as opposed to writing papers for school. Maybe I should start my own blog... :)

Now we are ready for July!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...