Friday, July 19, 2013

Apricots


My in-laws have an apricot tree, and every year we are able to pick apricots to enjoy. Most of the apricots we picked last week were very ripe, so I decided to make a few desserts.

義理のお父さんが育てるアプリコットの木。毎年たくさん実がなってくれて、おすそ分けが嬉しいのですが、先週採りに行ったら、かなり完熟していたのでデザートを作ることにしました。

I made apricot ice cream, apricot coffee cake, and apricot jam. All of them were quite good, but I think the ice cream could be a bit better. Speaking of ice cream, I've been making a lot of frozen treats. So far, besides the apricot ice cream, I have made strawberry cheesecake ice cream, Fleur de Lait gelato, banana chocolate chunk walnut ice cream, watermelon sorbet, fudge chocolate pops, and coconut ice cream. It's been so hot here in Utah, and I don't want to use the oven. Therefore, frozen confections are the only desserts I can comfortably make right now.

アプリコットケーキ(上の写真)、アプリコットアイスクリーム(下の写真)、そしてアプリコットジャムも作りました。どれも全て甘酸っぱい美味しいデザートに仕上がりましたが、アイスクリームはもう少し甘みを加えても良かったかな?

アイスクリームといえば、暑いのでオーブンを使う焼き菓子を作る事は滅多になくなり、アイスクリームばかり作っています。最近作ったのは、ストロベリーチーズケーキ・アイスクリーム、フルー・ド・レ ジェラート、バナナ・チョコレートチップ・ウォールナッツ・アイスクリーム、スイカのシャーベット、ファッジ・チョコレート・アイスキャンディーバー、ココナッツ・アイスクリーム。ちょっと作りすぎ?(苦笑)

Apricot Ice Cream

Fleur de Lait Gelato

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

photo taken by Marcus




By the way, I found this cat t-shirt the other day, and I thought this reminded me of my mom's cat, Fu-chan, who recently passed away. I miss Fu-chan...

ところで、この間お買い物中、こんな猫のTシャツを見つけました。なんだか、母の飼っていた猫、ふうちゃんみたいで、思わず購入。ふうちゃん、天国でどうしているかなぁ…


2 comments:

mama said...

satokoさん

可愛いプリントですね。
ふぅちゃんに良く似ているので 見つめてしまいました。
優しい良い猫でした。
泣いている私のほっぺを トントンと撫でて慰めてくれたり
思い出すと涙が溢れます。

ふぅちゃんに似た絵を見つけてくれて ありがとう!

satoko said...

ふぅちゃん!と思って買ってしまいました。ふぅちゃんに会いたいなぁ。(涙)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...