Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The End of School Year for Marcus


Today was the last day of school year. He is still not happy about going to a different school next year, and to be honest, I haven't completely made up my mind about that matter yet. We have two weeks to decide what to do, and I'm so tempted to keep him at this elementary school for one more year.

今日で5年生も終了。夏休み後は中学生になってしまう予定のマーカス。(実はまだ迷っています。苦笑)早いですね~


Marcus had Mrs. Jensen for this year, and he had a great year with  her. Mrs. Jensen told me that she truly enjoyed having him, and said she would miss him greatly. She thinks Marcus is very smart, has a wonderful sense of humor, and also he is quite cute. :) As a parent, I've always thought that he was intelligent, but being told so at every parent/teacher conference by an experienced ALPS teacher like Mrs. Jensen made me confirm that he is a smart kid. Mrs. Jensen said that not many were born with a natural intelligence, and encouraged Marcus not to take it for granted and utilize it. I completely agree. It would be a shame if he doesn't do anything about it. Hopefully, he will be able to do good for not only himself but also the people around him.

マーカスの担任のジェンセン先生。マーカスの事をとても気に入ってくれて、とても賢くて、ユーモアのセンスがあり、しかも可愛いと、いつも褒めてくれていました。勉強が出来るだけの賢い子は沢山いるけれど、マーカスのように知能レベルが高いのは生まれつきの才能だから、しっかりと生かすように、とアドバイスしてくれました。ギフテッド教育のプロの先生に賢いと褒められるからには、マーカスやっぱり賢いのかな?なんて思ったり。でも、宝の持ち腐れにならないように、そして能力を生かし、自分自身だけでなく周囲の人の役に立つ人間になって欲しいです。

She also said that Marcus is a very talented violinist. He played at the class room talent show (because I made him) and he told me he played horribly. Because of that, he didn't want to play for the 5th grade talent show that was held yesterday. I wasn't going to make him this time, but Mrs. Jensen pressed him to participate. I told her what he said about his performance at the class talent show, and she told me that he actually played very well, and all of his classmates were amazed. Most of them weren't aware that Marcus plays violin, and their jaws literally dropped, she said. Marcus is such a perfectionist, so I'm not surprised that he was too hard on himself about his performance.

昨日は5年生合同のタレントショーがあり、バイオリンを弾いたマーカス。参加しない、と言い張っていたマーカスですが、ジェンセン先生に説得されて、参加。自分のクラスだけのタレントショーで演奏した時にかなり間違えて落ち込んでいたのですが、ジェンセン先生に聞いてみたら、「すごく上手に弾けてましたよ。クラスメートは感動してビックリしていました。」との事。彼は完璧主義ですからね。

Here's the video of the 5th grade talent show. He said he was super nervous, and I could tell! I was nervous for him, and messed up with filming at the beginning. Haha.

かなり緊張していたマーカス。私もドキドキしてしまって、出だしの録音、失敗してしまいました。(苦笑)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...