The school district youth symphony had a final concert for the parents last Monday.
They performed a few songs from the previous performance they did at Abravanel Hall (my favorite was Jupiter by Holst), along with a few new songs they've been practicing. Some are from the movies like "Star Wars" and "Hook". They had an elementary school tour last week and I heard that those songs were very well received.
Here's a video of " The phantom of the Opera Medley". You can hear Rio's part at the beginning of "Think of me".
This is "Star Wars Medley".
It's been fun to see Rio participate the symphony this year. I sure enjoyed their performance. I think that you can experience a different sense of accomplishment when you're a part of a big group of other musicians, and I could tell that Rio enjoyed it and learned a lot from this experience.
It was funny, though, that after the concert, my mother-in-law said that in a few years we would be cheering for Marcus in JCYS. Later, I said to Marcus that he should be in Utah Youth Symphony instead. He immediately said "No" and I was surprised at his reaction and thought he was not interested in being in the symphony. So I asked him why and he answered, "Because I'll be in The Gifted Music School". I guess it's good that he's aiming higher!
No comments:
Post a Comment