Saturday, March 24, 2012
Concert at Temple Square
One of my favorite things about living in Utah is that there are surprisingly good music concerts we can go to. Some of them are free, like the one we went a few weeks ago at Temple Square. It featured a amazing pianist Josh Wright, and they played Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Sergei Rachmaninoff. It is Rio's favorite piece, so I had to take her. :)
ソルトレークの良い事のひとつは、なかなか優れたコンサートが常時催されていること。先週は若手の地元ピアニスト、Josh Wrightがゲスト参加のテンプルスクエアオーケストラのコンサートに行ってきました。彼が弾く曲はラフマニノフのパガニーニの主題による狂詩曲。有名な『18変奏』(映画"ある日どこかで”で有名ですよね)はリオのお気に入りなのでこれは彼女を連れて行かなくては、と。
Here's a little clip you can watch.
Josh Wright was amazing. We all enjoyed his performance very much. Of course Rio was the first one to notice that he was not only talented but also quite cute. :)
By the way, the conductor was Igor Gruppman, and when he introduced Josh, he mentioned that Josh's philosophy regarding what is essential to be a great musician. Humility. That is very true.
Josh Wrightの演奏は素晴らしかったです。もちろんリオは彼が美形なこともしっかりチェックしていました。(笑)
Another piece they performed was Symphony no. 1 in C Minor by Johannes Brahms. This is not my favorite Brahms, but still fun to listen to. I asked Marcus which movement he liked most, and he answered, "I don't separate each movement. I listen to it as a whole, and they compliment each other". Well said, Marcus.
ラフマニノフの曲以外にはブラームスのシンフォニー第1番。私は楽章ごとに区切って聞くタイプなのでコンサート後にマーカスに"どの楽章が好きだった?"と聞いたら、彼は”僕は楽章で分けて聞かないからなぁ。交響曲全体として聴くんだよ。(楽章が)お互いに良さを引き出して交響曲が成り立っているから。”ですって。もっともです。
Labels:
concert,
music,
SLC,
Temple Square
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment