Sunday, March 25, 2012

Very fortunate



Last Wednesday afternoon when I came home from my work, there was a message on our answering machine. It was from Rio, and she said that she fell during her dance class and hit hard on her mouth. I frantically called back to her school, called her dentist, then went to pick her up at her school. On our way to the dentist, Rio told me the whole story about what had happened earlier. When they were practicing a lift (she has to sit on her partner's shoulder while he spins her), her partner started going too fast and she lost her balance and fell. Her front teeth were wiggly and she had a headache. I was concerned that her teeth might be seriously damaged.

水曜日の午後、仕事から帰ると留守電にリオからのメッセージが。泣き声でダンスのクラス中に落ちて口(歯)を強く打ってしまったと入っていました。びっくりしてすぐに学校に電話し、その後歯医者さんに予約を入れてから彼女を迎えに飛んで行きました。詳しい事情を聞いてみると、ダンスのクラスでリフト(パートナーの男の子の肩にリオが乗って、パートナーが回転する)の練習をしている時に回転のスピードが速すぎてリオがバランスを失って落ちてしまったとか。前歯2本少しぐらぐらしているというので、かなり心配しながら歯医者さんに向かいました。

Fortunately, the x-ray results looked good, and it seemed that her permanent retainer on the back of her front teeth helped significantly to keep them together. It was a miracle that nothing was broken. We were so grateful. We were also glad for her dance partner's sake. Rio told me that he was quite shaken up by the incident, and checked out from school early.

幸運な事に、レントゲンの結果歯のダメージなし。矯正終了後に前歯の後ろにリテイナーをいれたので、そのリテイナーが支えになってくれたようです。本当にラッキーでした。
リオのとっても何よりの幸いでしたが、パートナーの男の子のためにもひと安心。彼はかなり気にしていて泣いていて、学校も早退してしまったとか。

Well, next day at her dance class, her dance teacher took attendance and then gathered everyone around to hear Rio tell everyone how she was. After she said that she was amazingly OK compared to what could've happened, everyone started clapping, and her partner came out with a poster (see above). He started to tell her how he had felt so awful so he asked to be checked out from school, then went shopping with his mom for all the treats in the picture. He came up with what the poster says, which is this: Dear Rio, I may not be able to fix your tooth, but I can fix your sweet tooth! It's o-fish-al! I'm a "nerd". I never "mint" to pull such a "whopper". We got all "twizzled" up and then I dropped you to "pieces". What a "dud"! Hope you'll "stick" with me and "chews" me for your partner! <3 Your "Rock Star" friend... Ryley.
Rio was so touched at how sweet it was that she started crying, along with some other girls in her class.

翌日のダンスのクラスで先生がリオに様子を聞き、クラスメート皆で'無事でよかったね’と拍手をしていた時、パートナーの男の子が手作りポスターを持って登場(最初の写真がそのポスターです) 。彼はかなり罪悪感を感じて、早退後お母さんと一緒にポスターを作る為にお菓子を買いに行ったとか。日本語にはうまく訳せないのですが、お菓子の箱に書いてあるお菓子の名前をもじって、お詫びのポスターがうまく作られていました。リオは大感激して泣いてしまい、ほかの女の子たちも感動して泣いていたとか。なかなか可愛いですよね~



One of her classmates took this picture. Very cute, but not sure what all the boys who like Rio think about it. (She's extremely popular among the boys; always surrounded by them, and receiving poems and love letters.) :)

クラスメートが携帯で撮った写真です。微笑ましいではないですか。ただ、リオの事を好きな男の子たちが見たらやきもち焼きそうです。(リオはいつも男の子たちに囲まれていて、無名のラブレターを貰ったり、詩を送られたりと、男の子にもてるのですよ。)



2 comments:

togu said...

リオちゃんの歯、大事に至らす良かった。
頑張って矯正してましたものねぇ~。
そして、お相手の男子学生もホッとしたことと思います。
お詫びにポスターを作って来てくれるなんて。。。
素敵な仲直りが出来て良かったこと。微笑まし写真で、こちらもHappyな感じにさせられました。

satoko said...

toguさん、コメントどうもありがとうございます。
そう、矯正が無駄になったかとハラハラしました。(苦笑)でも、鼻を折ったり骨折したりしなくて本当に良かったです。

ポスター、可愛いでしょう?なかなか気が利く男の子ですよね(そして彼のお母さん)。

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...