Monday, March 26, 2012
The Hunger Games
There's a popular book series called "The Hunger Games". There are three books all together, and I read the first one when Rio was a 6th grader to screen it. I found it was too violent for her, so I suggested her to wait for a few years. She started reading it last year, and she hated it at first. Then, she read it again and loved it. She says she finds it a very deep book that needs to be taken maturely.
Well, the book was made into a movie, and we were able to go to the premiere at 9 PM on Thursday night. I originally purchased the midnight showing tickets, but the high school Rio is going to attend held the premiere. I was so glad that I didn't have to stay up until 3 AM.
人気の小説「 ハンガーゲーム」が映画化され、観に行ってきました。この小説、内容のバイオレンス度が高いのでリオが6年生の時に私が試読して彼女にもう数年待つように、とアドバイスした作品。昨年読み始めたリオは最初は好きじゃなかったものの、シリーズの3冊を読み終えてから、作品内容に心を打たれたみたいで、今では大ファン。映画公開当日の真夜中のチケットを購入して2人で出かける予定でしたが、秋から通い始める高校が公開前夜の9時にプレミアに招待してくれたので夜ふかしを避ける事が出来ました。
The movie was not as good as I expected. It lacked the emotional details and therefore I couldn't connect to each characters. What I observed from the crowd of high school students was that they were seriously lacking maturity. Some boys were laughing and mocking when it's a violent scene on the screen (maybe they are so used to violence due to playing violent video games all the time?), and some girls did not stop giggling when it was not funny at all. Their reactions truly amazed me (not in a good way), and I was so glad that Rio is not like them. More I spend time with other teenagers more I appreciate my daughter. No wonder all the teachers at her school love her. :)
映画は予告編が上出来だったので期待していたせいか、ちょっとがっかり。やはり本と比べるとキャラクターの心理描写が欠けていて、心打つ作品に仕上がっていなかった気がします。
それにしても映画よりも驚いたのが観客の高校生の反応!リオの隣に座っていた男の子達は暴力的なシーンなどで笑ったり(バイオレントなビデオゲームしすぎで感覚が麻痺してるのかも)、私の横の女の子達は全く可笑しくもないシリアスなシーンでくすくす笑い続けたりと、皆、想像以上に幼稚というか、マナーがなっていないというか。今どきのこういう若者と接すると、つくづくリオは違うなぁ~特別だなぁ~と実感してしまいます。(親ばか)
Here's the preview of the movie. The preview actually looks better than the movie.
映画の予告編です。日本語字幕付きのはこちら→予告編
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment