Saturday, March 10, 2012

Reflections of February

February went by so fast, partially because our family was hit by a storm of illness. Everyone got sick, then recovered a little, then got sick again with a different type of cold. Not sure why because the weather has been pretty good. My only guess is that it all started with Anthony. He touches everything, sneezes everywhere, and he has no concept of keeping himself away from the others. So, when he is sick, contagion is unavoidable.
2月はあっという間に過ぎ去ってしまいました。と言うのも、家族皆病気をしてしまったのが主な原因。順番に病気になって、直ったかと思ったらまた別の病気になるという具合。今年の冬はとても穏やかなので風邪を引きやすい気候なわけでもないのに。きっと原因はアントニーかな、と。そもそも彼から始まって家族中に広まったのですよね。彼は、あれこれ触るし、咳もかまわずどこでも。(苦笑)

Anyway, here are some pictures I took in February.
とにかく、2月に撮った写真を少しだけ。

Valentine sugar cookie. I made a whole bunch to give out to friends and neighbors.
バレンタインのクッキー。たくさん作って皆に配りました。(病気になる前です。笑)
Blueberry Focaccia. Another treat we enjoyed. Yum!
家族お気に入りのブルーベリーのフォカッチャ。美味しいです。
Marcus and I went to Utah Symphony backstage tour and enjoyed the concert afterward.
マーカスと参加したユタ・シンフォニーのバックステージツアー。ツアーの後はコンサートを観賞。
Rio in kimono. It's technically yukata. She wore it to her school for "Diversity Week" they had.
学校の行事に、浴衣で参加したリオ。世界のカルチャーを体験しましょう!というテーマの行事でした。
Blue and Gold cupcakes I made for a fundraiser at "Blue and Gold Cub Scout Banquet".
マーカスのカブスカウト用に作ったカップケーキ。テーマの"ブルーとゴールド”に合わせた色合いのケーキです。
I even decorated with cub scout logo. However, the whole thing was sold at mere $5. I was so disappointed...
各自持ち合ったケーキは寄付金集めのために競売に。私のケーキはこのスタンド(飾りも手作り)ごと全部で5ドルで売れたとか。たった5ドルなんて...(涙)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...